Where to start!?
General Brock House questions…
1. Does Brock House offer tours of the house/lawn? When do these take place?
Yes, tours take place by appointment. Tour times are as follows: Monday, Tuesday, and Fridays 4:00pm-5:00pm and Wednesday, Thursdays from 4:00pm-7:00pm. Please call our Catering Department to arrange an appointment.
2. How much does it cost to hold my wedding at Brock House Restaurant?
Pricing depends on the month, date, timeslot and year. Please inquire with the Catering Department for rental fees/food and beverage minimums. The Catering Department can be reached by phone at 604-224-3317 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. At what time do the functions take place?
Saturday & Sunday Afternoons: 11:00am – 4:00pm & All Evenings: 6:30pm – 1:00am
4. Can one bring in his/her own caterer?
The Brock House Restaurant must provide all food and beverage. We boast an award-winning West Coast cuisine and are very flexible in accommodating special food requests. A wedding cake (or cupcakes) may be brought in, subject to a cake cutting and plating fee of $2.00 per person.
5. Can you bring in your own alcohol?
No, all alcohol must be purchased through Brock House Restaurant, however, we will do our best to accommodate special bar requirements and we keep our bar and wine prices very competitive for your benefit.
6. How many people will the space comfortably hold?
May to September our waterfront garden tent will hold up to 180 people at round tables of 10 with an overflow space of either the lawn (weather permitting) or in the Conservatory which can accommodate 100 seated. This combination would make 280 the maximum capacity.
In the off season, the Conservatory will hold up to 100 people at banquet tables of 6-12, and the Halpern Room (located directly behind the Conservatory) will hold an additional 50 guests in overflow if required.
7. What about parking?
There is a public parking lot located across the street from the Brock House Restaurant with a car capacity of 200. There are 22 parking spots available within the Brock House Restaurant lot (first come first serve basis).
8. Will there be other functions taking place the same day/time?
Brock House will often host up to two functions at a time, but the venues are separate and secure with its own washrooms and bar set up.
9. Is Brock House wheel chair accessible?
Yes, the house is fully wheel chair accessible.
10. Does Brock House Restaurant have liability insurance?
Brock House is covered for liability situations, but if severe damage is done to the facility, the host may incur charges.
11. What complimentary provisions does the Brock House Restaurant provide?
• Full set-up and Clean-up of Brock House Equipment Only
• Banquet Tables, Round or Rectangular
• Chiavari Dining Chairs
• White Resin Garden Folding Chairs (Outdoor Use)
• White Linen Table Cloths and Napkins
• Clothed Wedding Cake Table and Cake Knife
• Clothed Guest Book Table
• Clothed Gift Table
• Personalized Printed Menus for Choice Entree Menus
• Silver Table Stands and Numbers
• Flatware, Glassware, Tableware
• Tealight Candles in Votives
• Bride’s Waiting Room with Full-Length Mirror
• Coat Room Facilities
• Dance Floor
• Podium and Microphone (Main Floor Only)
• Helpful List of Recommended Vendors
I am now an official Brock House Bride/Groom!
FAQ’s once booked…
1. When can I gain access to the Brock House Restaurant on my function date?
For the afternoon time slot (11:00am-4:00pm) access time for Vendors and Decorators is 9:30am. For the evening time slot (6:30pm-1:00am) access time is 4:30pm. Access to the bride’s waiting room and photo access are granted one hour prior to the start of your reception.
2. Does the site use round or rectangular tables?
Both styles are available and their use will depend on the number of guests that need to be accommodated, the time of year your function will take place and the desired set-up style.
3. Can I obtain a sample floor plans?
The Catering Information section of our website contains floor plans of both the 2nd Floor and Main Floor venues. Also, a customized layout will be drawn up at the time of your Finalization meeting for your wedding/event.
4. What’s the server to guest ratio?
The ratio will vary depending on the style of meal being served; Cocktail Party 1:30, Set Menu 1:25, Choice Menu 1:20, & Buffet 1:25.
5. Are there any restrictions or rules about entertainment?
Man About Town Entertainment is Brock House Restaurant’s exclusive DJ provider. Please contact them to obtain a price quote at 604.787.2157 or via email at email@example.com. Their website is www.manabouttownent.com. Instrumental ensembles (i.e. string quartets or jazz trios) are welcome, however, amplified live bands are not permitted on the property due to residential noise bylaws.
6. How involved is the manager in a typical reception?
There is always a maitre d’ and/or manager on duty during a function, however, their responsibility are primarily in maintaining the flow and timing of the reception. You may wish to hire an event consultant or ask someone, eg. a friend, to oversee special duties like placing place cards & centerpieces on the tables, etc.
7. Does Brock House print out our choice menus?
Yes, we will print out the choice menus and place each one at a place setting if you are going with one of our Choice Entrée Menus. If you would like a different design other than the template we offer, you may choose to print them on your own or through a printing company.
8. Does Brock House provide background music?
Yes, we have a house system which will provide light classical music for during lunch /dinner. We are not equipped for ipod hook ups. If you would like music other than what Brock House offers, please contact Man About Town Entertainment at 604.787.2157 or via firstname.lastname@example.org. Their website is www.manabouttownent.com.
9. Does Brock House have a rain plan for our ceremony?
Yes, for functions on the Main Floor, the Conservatory can be utilized for a ceremony in the case of rain or poor weather. For functions on the Second Floor, we will set up the ceremony in the Art Room.
10. How do I go about ordering my cake if I am going with the Wedding Reception Package?
You have the choice between two different cake vendors to design your cake: Sweet Thea, www.sweetthea.com or Cake by Nicole McEachnie, www.cakebynicole.com.
Please contact them to set up a cake consultation and tasting to decide on your wedding cake.
11. When must we provide our final guest count?
The Catering Department will require your final guest count 3 business days in advance to your wedding/event.
12. Does Brock House offer a rehearsal time?
Yes, rehearsals take place on the Monday-Thursday prior to your wedding, 4:00pm-4:45pm. Rehearsals are booked based on availability and are self-conducted. In case of bad weather, if we have a private function booked at The Brock House or if the restaurant is closed, you will not be able to conduct your rehearsal indoors. Please contact the Catering Department to arrange your rehearsal time.
13. When will our Finalization meeting take place?
Finalization meetings take place generally 4-6 weeks prior to your wedding. In this meeting the following items will be covered: Menu and bar details, timing, layout and estimated billing.
14. Does Brock House provide equipment for our slideshow?
The Brock House Restaurant has a fixed screen in the Halpern Room only. If you need equipment set-up elsewhere, you will need to bring your own equipment.
15. Is there a dance floor?
Yes; for the Main Floor it is in the conservatory. It is 12ft x 16ft. For the Second Floor dancing can take place in the Art Room because it has hardwood floors.
16. How much are the tent sidewalls and heaters?
Sidewalls and heaters are $200.00 and this can be decided on the day depending on the weather.